Where I belong

Where I belong

Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 6th 2015


This post is Monumental for me. For those of you who read my last post, You might already have a guess as to why, Drum roll please! I drove MYSELF to this show. That's right I did it. And it was glorious. The night started off really rough for me again. Driving seemed like the easy part of the night honestly, I'm trying not to make this one so personal so i'll just say that coffee helped calm my nerves a bit. (from rabbit foot because duh!) I think that  I've started to feel really pressured about writing.  I still have the want and the drive to write, and to do so for myself. But having a following is pretty stressful, Especially when trying to keep everyone's interests in mind. And The feeling was so naggy and strong this time around I didn't pick up my camera all night. Not even once. I was so focused in the moments. And trying to make myself write it in my head as the night went on. But then it dawned on me that without looking at the night through my lens I can't remember much of anything. It was always the hours of sifting through photos and edits that made the posts pop up in my head and well now I know never to try and pull that crap again.  

But to look on the flip side of it I enjoyed the freedom to jump and throw down with muh dudes without fearing of getting bad shots or breaking my camera. So it wasn't the big of a loss. To pick up my slack, I'll be sharing the great shots Jason from fat rat photography sent over to me. And is very kind-fully letting me use. 

I arrived to west end fairly early again, But It worked out in my favor this time. I was able to spend a few moments hanging and talking with the Sister Kill Cycle dudes. they are some of the happiest "goths" I've ever met. (I say this in quotations because I refuse to label people, But without the label you'd never get the idea of them or what they looked like.)
It's not surprising to me personally, But to you maybe it will be. 

It was the same thing with the guys of The catcher and the rye, I HAVE NEVER SEEN such happy musicians. They were so into their stage performance and despite their looks or their sound they had huge Cheshire grins. I guess I shouldn't say "they" Because my focus was on Mike& Tyler. And at times even The drummer Dante.  
You could tell how happy they were to be on that stage doing something they love. Although I lyrically am not the biggest fans of them. I really dig their sound and all-togetherness of a band. And I'd also like to comment on how awesome Dante's family was. So supportive and lovely. His mom was manning the merch booth While his wife was away, when I went over to glance at what they had. I really enjoyed their designs and I'm currently kicking myself for not buying anything. I really dug these dudes and I was happy to finally have seen them live. It feels like It took me forever, but it was worth the wait. 

Synthetic solution went on first, And started the night off in an old industrial goth kind of way. 
I didn't really like anything about them but the sound. A little too eccentric for me, But hey since when should getting into your music be a bad thing?  I've gotten really into industrial now that I've had the chance to experience it for myself first hand. I love the feeling it brings out of people. At least personally speaking anyway. I hope to start to experience more of that scene as time goes on. Unfortunately I've never really had friends into that kind of thing. But now that I can drive and am less socially anxious I can venture out and find some that enjoy it as well. 

Next up on the list was Machines on blast. I was completely blown away by their set. I kind of just sat there in the booth in awe of everything. I just really enjoyed what they brought to the show and had to offer. I hope to see them in the future! I always come home from west end shows with new bands to love, follow, and swoon over. Jason the sound guy mentioned that the shows are always better when I'm around and I just laughed and replied that's a good thing. I actually had the chance to say Hi to and meet the owner of west end this show around as well. Which was pretty cool. 
They added a stage extension. But I'm not gonna talk about it. Because I was really stoked on it when I heard of it But was let down by it. SKC actually broke it. hahahah Go figure. 

The knowing within killed it as always. Like uh duh. I really enjoy being able to see them so often. It never gets old for me to see people I love do what they love. They pushed the boundaries of this show. A lot of people would probably say they didn't belong in the line up but I beg to differ. They could fit in anywhere. I truly believe they reached people at this show. Or at least I'd like to believe so, And if not At least I can say as always if no one else, they reached me. Tim cut his speech's short. But I backed that. It wasn't really the place to try and make people think. But At the end of the day even their lyrics alone can do that for some people. I have the knowing within, Do you? 
A lot happened, and it was a weird night. But It meant the world to me to feel so loved and supported by everyone around me. Take a moment to reflect on the people in your life, And make sure they know you love and care for them. You might feel like you have all the time in the world to tell them, You might think they already know it, But you don't. And they might not. So please, not for me but for yourselves Go out and tell someone how much you appreciate them. You can never be to thankful, and You can never say I love you too much. I love you. You are loved. I support you, You are supported. Shoot for the damn stars and go take on the night. 


Sister kill cycle was SO AMAZING. And I lost my sh*t when they covered the beautiful people. 
It felt like I was taken back in time, and got to experience A Spooky kid's show before Manson got popular. Everything about their front man and his stage performance SCREAMED MM. But not in a bad way, There was enough of his personal flare to make him stand out and away from that mold people put him in. I was a douche and asked "on a regular daily basis how often do people compare you, or ask you if you're Marilyn manson?" His reply was Ten. And then I got a few stories about it which was cool. I was in awe of him, Because even tho I viewed him as his own entity, It really did for a moment feel like I was meeting a childhood idol of mine. 

Dikk their guitarist, originally from Sweden was my buddy throughout the night. If we didn't talk, he'd at least smile at me, And I thought that was really sweet. One of the greatest guys I've ever met and I seriously hope to spend more time with him And the rest of the band in the future. We talked a lot more that I would've ever imagined and that made the night an experience to remember. Thank you for taking so much time to hang with me. And for scarring me for life when you stapled the condom to your stomach!...... Jk it wasn't that bad But it did make my eyes get big and like go wooooaaahhhhhh (Says in voice of the aliens from toy story) In all this was one of the best nights of my life. And I'll talk and think about it forever. 
The Catcher And The Rye 















The Knowing Within,



HE BROKIDID IT. But luckily Dante stepped in and gave him a snare to use 




Accidentally out of order, Here's the drummer from Sister Kill Cycle 

Sister Kill Cycle













Phone photos.~ Because I feel like it. 
CAAAAANNNN YOOOOUUU FEEEEEELLLL THEEEEE LOOOOVVEEE TOOONIIIGHHTTTTT


Thank you timbooo, For not only taking photos But also for talking so highly of me all night/all the time and just for being the best human to have ever walked into my life.~ I'll always love and support you. (he took this, But wouldn't let me see it and he's lucky it came out so great!)





My love goes out to everyone who's taken time out of their lives to read this. Don't for a second think each and everyone one of my views goes un-appreciated  I didn't think I'd be able to put this night into words, But I couldn't let anyone down. And Once I forced myself to write, It started flowing out of me, I hope this one becomes bigger than the last few posts. Get on it, Make it happen for meeeee.... ~ chyster  


Links to all the bands mentioned... 
 (Jason's instagram) 
And last but not least, Here's my information for those who might want it. 
(best for contact)
 (best for photos / music monday posts)
 (Best for creeping, and knowing about things before they happen)



No comments:

Post a Comment