Where I belong

Where I belong

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I've never pushed myself to write about two shows in the same weekend!..... So here goes nuttin.

 I wasn't planning on going to this show, In fact I didn't even know what the line up was until I got there. My knowing before hand was nothing more than that I was wanted there, And that I had to make it to the venue and back in one piece,Without wrecking the car. Or getting terribly lost. And i'm so glad I was talked/ nudged into it, because not only did I succeed but the night was great. I however wish I'd have known I couldn't go outside.... I rushed inside to get it over with, Probably because I thought everyone was inside when they weren't. I just wanted to pop up out of nowhere and be like YEAH I DID IT. Once inside all I wanted was to bolt outside. I should  have just said Yeah I'm a smoker let me outsideeeeeeee. Because they asked me when telling me I wasn't allowed outside.
Would've / Could've chanced it because After The knowing within played I went outside at least three times and nobody even batted and eye. But Personally, never have I been a rule breaker and was too scared of not being let back in.

To add to all of that, I got really dizzy and sick only to realize I hadn't eaten IN TWO EFFING DAYS.
 I'm glad Tim being the guy he is (always selfishly looking out for me and others bless his heart) went and fetched me some food. He didn't even let me finish my sentence before running out the door.  I even concord my fear of eating in front of people. I was kinda pushed into that tho due to really needing to make myself eat. Don't think I've ever eaten so slowly but.... No one seemed to mind. Even if I sure as heck did.  This weekend seized all doubts in my mind about not belonging. I no longer have any suffocating thoughts in my mind about it Because I do fit in. And everyone always does their best to make sure of that. You might be tired of hearing about them, But this journey involves them just as much as me. After-all They helped kick start it for me. And when it comes down to it, They care about my photos and writing more than most bands ever seem to. i'm appreciated by them. And therefore I cannot help but always make everything about them.
 Deal with it.
As stated a lot of my writing is personal and documented as a journal for myself. And those involved. I think that's why they always take the turns they do.
 Still kind of getting used to letting people into my head And life.

I had no idea who sleeze was, And had no idea what to expect. But as a kid who grew up loving Nirvana and Alice in chains I ended up really digging their sound. And I honestly wish my dad was there with me. I may be grown up and not need him taking me to shows. But I often miss him. He's cooler than me I swear. And He becomes the life of the show. When I got home I asked him If he knew of them and he did????? So there's that.  When I mentioned them sounding a lot like nirvana and alice in chains we started joking about mashup names for them. Like "Nirvalce".... Had to of been there? yeah.... Oh and with a dash of the smashing pumpkins. Just for good measures. Might as well throw that comparison in there.

 It's just really cool to see music like this not only alive but thriving. I always wanted to go back in time to experience a show like this. I was a total grunge-y punk rock phased kid. And it came from my dad. Didn't last too long. But the music always stuck with me, Guess I picked a good night to wear my flannel huh? Ha, As a kid, all I wanted was a life like the one i'm striving after. Life beat me down, and made it seem impossible. But through perseverance i'm chugging along on my way to the life I dreamed of. This weekend still feels so unrealistic. Because for a moment I wasn't lost in myself, But lost in the moment. Which was easier to do when not shooting. Still kicking myself for it, But at the end of the day it made the experience not only different but better. Writing has oddly enough become my main focus.

Isaac hare Was an awesome front man, He spent the night making sure every person in the bar knew who he was, and had shook his hand. He was really funny too, But I unfortunately cannot remember the things he said.
I love the change of pace and all the good hearted people I've been encountering in the music scene lately. Very few of them seem to be left. Which is unfortunate. Not an ego seemed to be found in there that night. And in the music industry that is very unusual. But you could tell the bands just wanted to take the stage and do what they love. The crowd was small and lame. But selfishly I prefer that, and was able to rock out.
 Also dig that they (or well he, Being issac/ sleeze)  Posts update videos while on tour. I spent some time creeping them last night and I was rolling. So funny! I really dig when bands make videos while touring or when in the studio. And actually hope to be the one to shoot things like that one day. It's one of my biggest goals. I want to capture something from start to finish that not only the fans, But the band can look back on.















                                             Shots by fat rat photography Once again. :)
   
Jay drummer of From mortals to monsters throwing down along with tim! ( my phone photos)
Dirty stinking button thief!! But he says I love lamp more than me, So it belongs with him.

Woffie (austin) And singer isaac of sleeze.~

I love them to the moon & back

Ps if anyone would like to watch this set, Peter kundis is rad and caught it all / posted it to his YouTube --->  TheKnowingWithin@thehaven3-7-15 I'll watch it and laugh at myself for years to come. My lil head bobbin booty shakin fan girling self was in the zone of her happy place. And in that moment the world and all it's problems were non existent. All that mattered was the smile on my face and singing my heart out.  These dudes have always been so much more to me than just a band. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying their music, and making sure they know that. But don't just take my word on it. Go watch it for yourselves! And please Let it bring you out to their next show. Come hang with us.  You know you want to be apart of this goodness before they take off  on the path of their calling and slide into the big crowded venues. If Nothing else I'll always fit into their crowds. I'll always be there supporting and signing my heart out. Maybe it'll be from behind the merch booth, Or from side stage, Or front in center through my camera lens.. All I know is that i'll always be there for them. Even if just in spirit.
 




   




No comments:

Post a Comment