Where I belong

Where I belong

Sunday, February 22, 2015

If you can dream it, You can do it.~

Shooting From Mortals To Monsters 2/20/15... 

You're about to get a look into another first for me, Although I've done plenty of shoots I've never gotten to do one with a band. And now that I've completed the task, I can breathe and reflect on it.

I Got so lucky honestly. Not only were the dudes amazing & easy to work with, But we met at Rabbit Foot One of my favorite spots in dah world no joke. I tried their MardiGras inspired King cake latte. It was like a party in my mouth! Perfect way to kick start the day.
Which is funny because I actually mentioned that and got the
"That's the point comment" from Rob. (Pretty sure anyway)
The owner/ barista Who at some point after that Over heard us talking about where we should shoot and mentioned their new building. (Which I've known about and am stoked on) They're expanding and moving Next to west end. I never would have expected It to happen like this but he trusted us, and handed me the key to an almost perfect location.

For me at least as a lover for all things old and creepy looking even? It was basically still just an old abandoned building. And lighting was tricky at times but it was a lovely shooting location. Which was just a good card dealt of a moment. I didn't previously find time to location search so take my word on it when I say I was stressing about where to go.

I spilled coffee all over myself, And broke BOTH of my hair ties, But other than that the shoot went extremely well. The dudes Jay,Tucker,Alex,Larry,and Ryan were so much fun to shoot. They made it really easy actually. Which was amazing seeing how it was my first time, And I barely knew what To tell them to do.
 I was nervous going into it because I didn't know any of them very well. But I think I caught their personality's pretty well for hardly knowing them.  I'm happy Neither them or myself  made me feel like I wasn't capable of doing it. Like I feared in the back of my mind at the start of it.
 I didn't think It would come out okay but it did.

Sometimes in life, You just have to go with it and take that chance. The Silverstien show didn't work out. And wasn't in the cards for me, But this time around the hand was dealt to my advantage. I've said this time And time again but Believe to see. I had faith that it would be okay, despite the odds feeling so against myself and my life lately.

Luckily, My PMA (positive mental attitude) Is coming back And i'm looking forward to taking on the scene in 2015. This is going to be Our year. And by that I mean Myself and the people I surround myself with.  Together we can do anything.
 I'm finally set goals for myself. And if things go well I'll report on them later on.





I fell in love with this shot, It's far from perfect as you can see. But I still like it.

I dislike textures in photos usually. But liked how this turned out????


Alex. 


Jay-Drums




Tucker-Vocals/synth



Alex-Bass


I've always been a sucker for candids, And making sure to capture the moment when goofing off.
Quality (and quantity of "good" shots) might be important. But it's never been my main focus. I capture a persons essence and the moments. And sometimes it's easier than others to get both. I'm personally really happy and proud of these. Hopefully the band thinks highly of them as well. 


Larry-Guitar 





A photo of a selfie. 


Ryan- Guitar/vocals















Fmtm is working on a new album right now, And from what I've heard it's killer.
I'm a big fan of bands that put stories into their songs/ Albums so I'm really excited to hear it in full.
And to see the shots they decide to use for it. :P

Here is their ReverbNation where you can check out the singles, and songs they have posted at the moment. And Their Facebook to stay updated on it all. Hoping to catch/ cover A show again soon. But for now my next post should be about Sister kill cycle, The knowing within, And the catcher and the rye. So stay tuned for that next week! Working on not only branching out but posting more often.

I really care about this. And I'm determined to fight for it.
This post was short But so was the shoot surprisingly. I didn't have a lot of time to get to know them as much as I'd have liked to, But I look forward to hanging and shooting them again in the future. When I met them, I never thought I'd see or hear from them again, Let alone get the chance to do something so huge for them. It's reassuring to have new allies and friends In the music scene willing to work with me. It's not very likely that many bands would be so easy going about things like they were. They came to my side of town. And were up for whatever, And that was so rad. I went into it with confidence for once in my life , Despite the nerves about little things. And the result was amazing.  If I do say so myself that is.

I'm on a roll here, And this is only the beginning. I cannot wait to get more shoots set up and maybe even get myself back into the same location if I could be that lucky.
Hope you all stick it out with me! Going to be one hell of an adventure. ~chyster





No comments:

Post a Comment