Where I belong

Where I belong

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Playing catch up.

Long time no see, huh? Even though it seems my eyes have been opened more so than in the past as of late. It's been a crazy year so far. So let me catch you up a bit before I get into my next blog post. Which is going to be pretty dang exciting.
Back in October I started a job as a photographer (and sales associate) for universal.
So far it seems to be going well. It's the perfect job for me. As i'm sure anyone reading this who knows me on any personal level could see.
On the backside of things though, it harms my show life more than you'd think.

I'm still very active in the scene. Just not online. Sad isn't it? It's been damn near impossible to find time to edit photos & get them sent out to bands \ posted on my page. And unfortunately I haven't had much time for writing either. But this is my life. This is what I love. And it's time I found a way to balance it all out. Who's ready for Chyster to make the comeback? I know I am. Even just writing this feels like a homecoming inside of me. I've spent the past few months finally getting to know my true self, and along with that comes the realization that all I want from life is to fight my way into the music scene. However that may be.

These days blogging seems obsolete with social media having so many other options, and our lives being so busy.... I understand that people don't really have the time or the interest. But at the end of the day none of that really matters.

So let's throw down some updates for ya! Seeing how it's been almost a year since I've written I figured it was about damn time I tried to fill you in.

I had the opportunity to shoot the Drop The Gloves Tour, It was Bless The Fall, Miss may I, The plot in you, Sirens & Sailors, and last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST My friends in A War Within. (WHO I MISSED!!!!... Bc the time online was wrong & even though I showed up early they had already played..) I was so proud of them for being a part of that tour. We talked a lot that night, But I decided to keep that all to myself. Sometimes things are just better off not being said.
This was my first show in a photo pit. Kind of sucks admitting that but oh well.
Oh man that night felt like a dream. If it wasn't for the photos I would think it was.
Thank God that it wasn't...  I also had the chance to be apart of the Warped Tour announcements party @ FullSail. Which was amazing to be apart of. Also very hard to describe and very dream like.
I didn't feel like I belonged there, but I'm making it a point to fight my way in until I no longer feel like that. It's seems like there's a war inside of me always fighting to make me feel like I don't belong anywhere. It's time now to fight back!
 I'm going to do everything in my power to never let myself feel like I can't exist in this scene. I may be the underdog but I'm here for a reason. Probably multiple reasons Actually. The bands all killed it that day, Shout out to Wage War and Real friends for hitting me in the feels and making me fall in love with their music. Such basic yet awesome  bands to listen to on  your emo days. Cough me everyday, cough.
Less Than Jake is still going strong, despite their age as a band. It was pretty cool to see them. and they put on a great show ending the night with a bang!

So far this is really all I've got left in me to say.....
 But before I go, Here's photos of what you missed


































































































































Coming up next, The Southern Sanctuary Tour. With Megosh,Silversyde, And my ninja's in The Knowing Within. So be on the lookout for that in the up coming week! Stoked to share it with you guys. 

1 comment:

  1. I've missed seeing these. Glad things are working out for you to get a chance to shoot shows.

    ReplyDelete